Your Personal Injury Lawyer
BY YOUR SIDE FROM START TO FINISH
Interstate 10 runs through Tallahassee, Florida. Mr. Milles has represented those injured in trucking accidents on I-10. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), 3,757 people died in collisions with trucks in 2011. Mr. Milles has been a lawyer for over 15 years. As a Tallahassee truck accident attorney, Mr. Milles has experience in holding negligent trucking companies accountable. Distracted driving, following to close, texting while driving, and driving while talking on cell phone all contribute to avoidable traffic accidents, car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, SUV accidents, roll-over accidents, and tractor trailer accidents.
Who Is Responsible for a Truck Accident?
Truck accident claims may involve one or more defendants. In many cases, the driver is responsible for causing a truck accident. However, additional defendants in a case might include:
- The trucking company. Trucking companies can be responsible for an accident if they fail to properly train drivers or hire drivers who are not qualified to operate a commercial vehicle. Other ways trucking companies can be responsible for a wreck include poor maintenance practices or operating commercial vehicles that are not safe for use.
- Loading companies. Commercial trucks can experience roll-over accidents when loads shift in transit. Cargo loading companies must load these multi-ton vehicles very carefully and within certain guidelines.
- Auto parts manufacturers. Like with regular passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles can suffer from dangerous defects. If a commercial auto parts manufacturer releases a dangerous product, they can be liable for damages caused by that product.
- Government entities. Government agencies may move supplies and materials in large vehicles. These entities may cause accidents for many of the same reasons private entities cause accidents.
Whether you can seek compensation against a trucking company depends on the circumstances. Our Florida personal injury attorney can help you review your situation after an accident. Contact us for a free consultation.
Do I Need a Truck Accident Attorney?
Truck accidents are much more likely to result in serious injuries or deaths. This is because semi-trucks weigh thousands of pounds and are generally much larger than surrounding vehicles. After an accident resulting in a serious injury or death of a loved one, it is important to give yourself the best chance of recovering compensation.
An attorney can help your truck accident claim by negotiating a settlement or taking your case to trial if necessary. However, an attorney can also help protect evidence and uncover new evidence.
In a truck accident case, it is extremely important to secure evidence as quickly as possible. Certain types of evidence, such as video footage or data from the truck’s internal computers, can disappear soon after the crash. An attorney can use legal mechanisms to ensure this evidence is not altered or destroyed.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
- Road Construction accidents
- Rear-End collisions
- Driver Fatigue
- Rollover accidents
- Crashes caused by speeding
- Multiple vehicle truck accidents
- 15 passenger van accidents
- box truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- Logging truck accident
- Tractor trailer accident
- Eighteen wheeler accident
- DUI / impaired driver
Mr. Milles has pursued wrongful death actions throughout the United States, including Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Pennsylvania. Mr. Milles also represents families in Atlanta and South Georgia, including Thomasville, Moultrie, Valdosta, Albany, and Savannah. Mr. Milles represents injured Floridians in Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Pensacola, Panama City, Crawfordville, Apalachicola, Eastpoint, Quincy, Monticello, Tampa, Gadsden County, Jefferson County, Franklin County, Wakulla County, Bay County and Santa Rosa County.
If you or your loved one has suffered personal injury by a truck accident, please contact a Tallahassee truck accident lawyer at Milles Law now. If you are looking for a truck accident attorney in Tallahassee, Florida contact a personal injury lawyer at Milles Law.
$750,000.00 Truck Accident
$250,000.00 Pedestrian Accident
$125,000.00 Car Accident
Hiring the right firm can make all the difference. At Milles Law, we have the experience successfully handling thousands of personal injury cases. When you hire our firm you can expect to work closely with Attorney Milles from start to finish, and you will have access to him and his team any time you have questions.
Why Hire Our firm?
Over 23 Years of Experience
Tens of Millions Won for Clients
Highly Personalized Legal Counsel
Past President of the Tallahassee Bar Association and the Capital City Justice Association