Your Personal Injury Lawyer
BY YOUR SIDE FROM START TO FINISH
In the face of life-altering spinal cord injuries, Milles Law stands as a beacon of hope for individuals seeking compassionate and relentless legal representation. Our Tallahassee spinal cord injury lawyers are committed to advocating for those who have suffered such serious injuries because of the negligence or deliberate actions of others. Navigating the complexities of these claims requires a skilled legal team, and Milles Law is here to provide the expertise needed to pursue justice and fair compensation.
Call Milles Law today at (855) 553-3310 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our spinal cord injury lawyer in Tallahassee.
Spinal Cord Injury Statistics
Spinal cord injury (SCI) is an important contributing factor to morbidity and mortality in the United States. The spinal cord, the central bundle of nerves extending from the brain and branching peripherally, is responsible for transmitting signals between the brain and the rest of the body. The spinal cord is located within the spinal column. Any damage to the spinal column could affect the spinal cord and result in temporary or permanent neurologic impairments. According to a recent study by the United States Centers for Disease Control (CDC), 46% of Spinal Cord Injury or Injuries are caused by motor vehicle accidents, including motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, car accidents, or auto accidents.
Spinal cord injury may occur following damage to the spinal column. The spinal column comprises 31 bones called vertebrae: 7 cervical vertebrae (neck), 12 thoracic vertebrae (upper and middle back), 5 lumbar vertebrae (lower back), 5 sacral vertebrae (sacrum), and 2 fused coccygeal vertebrae (coccyx).
Each vertebra comprises a vertebral body and a vertebral arch, which form an enclosed opening (or vertebral foramen). The vertebrae are stacked on top of each other, aligning the vertebral foramen and forming the spinal column.
Common Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries
Various accidents can cause spinal cord injuries, each presenting its unique challenges. Some common causes of spinal cord injuries may include:
- Automobile Accidents: Collisions on the road can lead to severe spinal cord injuries, affecting the lives of victims and their families.
- Slip and Fall Incidents: Property owners have a responsibility to maintain safe premises.
- Medical Malpractice: Inadequate medical care or surgical errors can result in devastating spinal cord injuries.
- Workplace Accidents: On-the-job injuries, particularly those involving construction sites or industrial environments, can lead to spinal cord damage.
- Recreational Accidents: Whether it's a sports-related injury or a leisure activity gone wrong.
What Damages Could Be Recovered in a Spinal Cord Injury Claim?
Understanding the potential damages recoverable in a spinal cord injury claim is crucial for ensuring fair compensation for victims. Milles Law strives to maximize recoverable damages, which could include:
- Medical Expenses: Compensation for past and future medical costs, including surgeries, rehabilitation, medications, and assistive devices necessary for spinal cord injury treatment.
- Lost Wages and Future Earnings: Victims often face a significant disruption to their professional lives.
- Pain and Suffering: The emotional and physical effect of a spinal cord injury is immense. We can diligently pursue damages for pain and suffering to provide a comprehensive recovery for our clients.
- Property Damage: In cases involving accidents such as car collisions, property damage may occur. We can ensure that all relevant damages, including property damage, are factored into the compensation sought.
- Loss of Consortium: Spinal cord injuries can put strains on relationships and impact the quality of life for the entire family. We can help seek damages for the loss of consortium, recognizing the emotional toll on the victim's loved ones.
Why Hire Milles Law
Mr. Milles has pursued wrongful death lawsuits throughout the United States, including Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Pennsylvania. Mr. Milles also represents families in Atlanta and South Georgia, including Thomasville, Moultrie, Valdosta, Albany, and Savannah. Mr. Milles represents injured Floridians in Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Pensacola, Panama City, Crawfordville, Apalachicola, Eastpoint, Quincy, Monticello, Tampa, Perry, Gadsden County, Jefferson County, Franklin County, Wakulla County, Bay County, and Santa Rosa County.
Contact Our Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer in Tallahassee Today
If you or your loved one has suffered a serious personal injury or spinal cord injury in a car accident, truck accident, or motorcycle accident, contact a Tallahassee personal injury lawyer at Milles Law now. We can help you understand your rights and best legal options.
$1,570,000.00 Nursing Home Abuse
$1,200,000.00 Nursing Home Abuse
$1,009,000.00 Medical Malpractice
Hiring the right firm can make all the difference. At Milles Law, we have the experience successfully handling thousands of personal injury cases. When you hire our firm you can expect to work closely with Attorney Milles from start to finish, and you will have access to him and his team any time you have questions.
Why Hire Our firm?
Over 23 Years of Experience
Tens of Millions Won for Clients
Highly Personalized Legal Counsel
Past President of the Tallahassee Bar Association and the Capital City Justice Association