Your Personal Injury Lawyer
BY YOUR SIDE FROM START TO FINISH
In 2008, motor vehicle crash-related deaths involving cars and light trucks reached an all-time low in the United States. At the same time, however, motorcyclist deaths reached an all-time high, more than doubling between 1999 and 2008. With more people in the United States riding motorcycles today than ever before, motorcyclist deaths and injuries are an important public health concern. The saying, “Look Twice, Save a Life” has become the motto of biker safety. As a Tallahassee Lawyer, Attorney Milles has experience representing bikers suffering personal injury from motorcycle accidents. Mr. Milles represents the injured throughout the United States, including Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Pennsylvania. Mr. Milles represents families and provides legal services in Atlanta and South Georgia, including Thomasville, Moultrie, Valdosta, Albany, and Savannah. Mr. Milles represents injured Floridians in Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Pensacola, Panama City, Crawfordville, Apalachicola, Eastpoint, Quincy, Monticello, Tampa, Gadsden County, Jefferson County, Franklin County, Wakulla County, Bay County and Santa Rosa County. Insurance law in Florida pertaining to motorcycles has many unique considerations from the typical car accident personal injury so it is important to find an experienced motorcycle injury attorney.
In Florida, PIP (personal injury protection) insurance is not available for motorcycles. That means the “no fault” coverage that is mandatory in car insurance is not there for injured bikers. A biker injured by another person’s negligence has the right to recover lost wages, past medical expenses, future medical expenses, and pain and suffering.
Motorcycle crashes often involve severe injuries including ankle fractures, rotator cuff tears, leg fractures, head injury, spinal cord injury, and permanent disability. Distracted driving, following to close, texting while driving, and driving while talking on cell phone all contribute to avoidable traffic accidents, car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, suv accidents, roll-over accidents, and tractor trailer accidents.
What Are Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle accidents can occur for a number of reasons. However, driver inattention is one of the most common reasons. Additional reasons motorcycle accidents occur include:
- Texting and driving. Motorists are much more likely to hit motorcyclists if they are texting and driving.
- Cars making left-hand turns. Vehicles making left-hand turns at intersections are a major cause of motorcycle crashes.
- Vehicles making right-hand turns. Vehicles can cause a motorcycle accident when they turn right onto roads.
- Reckless driving. Motorcyclists can die or suffer injuries when motorists drink and drive or speed. Reckless driving is a cause of motorcycle accidents.
- Sudden stops. Motorists can force an accident when they stop their vehicles without warning.
- Unsafe lane changes. Motorists should always check their blind spots before changing lanes. Failure to look may cause an accident.
- Defects. Motorcycles and motorcycle equipment can be defective. Defective equipment can lead to an accident.
What Are Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries?
Motorcycle accidents are more likely to result in catastrophic injuries. This is because motorcyclists have no protection from the impact forces of a collision. Possible motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Brain injuries. Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) are possible after a motorcycle crash. The impact forces from a collision can also cause concussions.
- Spinal cord injuries. The impact forces from a collision can cause spinal cord injuries. These are serious injuries that partially or completely limit a person’s ability to move.
- Burn injuries. You could suffer serious burn injuries during a collision with another vehicle.
- Lacerations and broken bones. Broken bones and lacerations are possible during a motorcycle accident.
- PTSD. Motor vehicle crashes are traumatic events. This is especially true for motorcycle accidents.
How Much Is a Good Settlement for a Motorcycle Accident?
It depends. A good motorcycle settlement can cover your damages, such as medical bills and home modifications. However, there are cases where it may be difficult to obtain an adequate settlement. Insurance companies are in business to make money, not to make sure your damages are adequately covered. Your attorney may need to take your case to trial.
Contact Our Tallahassee Motorcycle Accident Attorney to Discuss Your Situation
If you or your loved one has suffered personal injury in motorcycle accident, please contact a Tallahassee motorcycle accident Lawyer at Milles Law now. If you are looking for a motorcycle accident attorney in Tallahassee, Florida, contact Milles Law before its too late.
$750,000.00 Truck Accident
$250,000.00 Pedestrian Accident
$125,000.00 Car Accident
Hiring the right firm can make all the difference. At Milles Law, we have the experience successfully handling thousands of personal injury cases. When you hire our firm you can expect to work closely with Attorney Milles from start to finish, and you will have access to him and his team any time you have questions.
Why Hire Our firm?
Over 23 Years of Experience
Tens of Millions Won for Clients
Highly Personalized Legal Counsel
Past President of the Tallahassee Bar Association and the Capital City Justice Association